Sunday 6 October 2013

Wessex League - No Fish till Cows go home

Its going to be a short blog today as there is not much to say.  The team shirts have arrived and were handed out today.  The lads were taking the piss a little at my Pewsey Hat and Fleece.  Joking that I have probably got Pewsey Boxers or a Pewsey Jock-strap! Until someone said maybe a thong, until it was pointed out that there wouldn't be room on a thong for the word Pewsey... maybe just Pew....



Alright lads that's enough, says I.... maybe a G string said Mike, and Spanners added that it would be like Cheese wiring a Camembert cheese wheel.  At which point Leo nearly threw up.  I took it on the chin, after all its all part of the banter.

Chris drew the Golden Peg and once again we had peg 5 .  I had  C5 which turns out to be the same peg as I drew in the summer league. A featureless peg on a straight between two pegs smack on a bends either side of me. Probably the middle peg on the entire venue.  Not good.



 The lads had gate crashed a Clanfield match last week and practiced.  Shame no one asked me I would have loved to join them.  As it is I don't think much was gained from practicing the venue. As Pewsey one got beat up royally today.

I didn't expect much from my peg having only had Bleak and Gudgeon last time. Fished the waggler into the cattle drink where I'd seen fish top before the whistle.  No joy for 30 minutes then, you guessed it a complete herd of cows moved in drinking, peeing, cavorting and bonking!  In short they enjoyed themselves so much they stayed all day.  Game over.


The guy to my left has had chublet after chublet and after an hour must have 3 lb in the net and I haven't had a bite.  Tried it all , feeder, waggler, stick, but with an hour, the cows decide they have had enough water sports and leave.

With a blank net I decided to go went to a number 2 elastic 0.2 float , fished 2 feet deep.  Size 24 hook single squat and started catching bleak.  By the end I had 1 lb 3 oz.  Guy next to me 5 lb +  Tried my best but didn't have an answer today

The score cards don't make good reading for Pewsey 1. But after all the maths, despite a bad day for the team -  3 two's and three 4's.  Pewsey are equal second after two matches 2 points behind Radcot

 Pewsey Lake next week.








No comments:

Post a Comment