Tuesday 8 October 2013

5 GRAND

It is with gobsmaking amazement that as I turn on the blog today, to note I have surpassed 5000 views!  Really, thanks to all who take the time to follow an ordinary anglers adventures.

Started in January, what a year its been to record. Eastliegh kindly invited me to join the Toyota League comp, thanks to Gary Naylor the organiser for those memories. The upside a cash pick up and top match weight for me this year 124lb, the down - on the next match at Stonehams, freezing cold and 10 ounces to come nowhere.

 I have been warmly welcomed by a terrific bunch of guys at Pewsey and District AC truly the epitome of the traditional friendly fishing club, who somehow manage to balance the needs of all their members and what they want out of fishing - at a budget price.

 My fellow Anglers at Group 2 Army gave me the honour of being Captain and choosing the team for the Bait Tech Angling times competition at Revels.  My "Orphans " team mates, we faded toward the end but we had the other teams sweating for the first half of the season.

Being part of the Army Team to beat Andover, with me winning my own individual match within this match, against James Hillier a Browning sponsored angler.


The superb Mark Blake (yellow shirt) for organising the "alternative spring festival" at Withy. Happy memories of a friendly competition

My mate Steve, for asking me to fish with him in a Eastleigh pairs competition, when nobody else would.  We almost won it and were very glad to pick big cash for second place.
  

None of this would be possible without thanking certain individuals new and old friends who have continued to support me through the worst of tantrums.  When I have broken kit or thrown it into nearby fields through sheer temper and red mist; they have been there to say no worries mate your getting better, why don't you try this tip..................

I don't think many of us enjoy Monday to Friday at Work, but I really hate my job with a vengeance.  My fishing is genuinely the thing that keeps me going, and its due to in a big part to the people I have met.

So thanks to my long time friends Dave Moody, John Dewberry;

 and to all the others who have advised me and been kind enough to offer top advice Mark Blake, Ben Bentley, Mayo. My new friends at Pewsey - Spanners and Leo, + the other members of the Pewsey teams truly wonderful Canal anglers.

Finally those on the edge who have made the whole all round experience of fishing worthwhile, Christine and James Moody.  Frank, gummy Gumbledon, Colin and Lin Selwood (Lins cakes still the best in the world).  Graham Tappy Tappenden and Mike Buzzer Bernstein Challis Tackle.

We'll forget about the lost Carp, the broken top kits, the straightened hooks and being severely infected with Carpus non Bitus.  Mike Marsden said it at the weekend, fishing is about confidence; and looking back over the year he is bang on - when I am confident I fish well and get results.  Time for Moody and Dewberry to teach me some mind games me thinks.

Fish of the year a Rudd. Gods glory made real for me.

See you on Sunday. Gagging for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment