Saturday 3 August 2013

Withy Peg 2 for Two hours

I had a couple of hours today to kill at Withy, while wife was clothes shopping in Salisbury.
Peg 2 Margin fishing

With only two hours, I thought I would try a little experiment.  I dumped in a pint of 3 mill pellet's in the margin straight away.  Normally I don't fish, margins before mid afternoon on-wards   Left it for 15 Minutes whilst I hand fed the two + two line. Rudd after rudd on the pellet in the middle.  But after the 15 minute mark the margin was fizzing, and carp were slurping on the surface.

Dropped in banded 6 mill and away it went, I had 1 lb + skimmers one a chuck for nearly and hour.  One of the best hours skimmer fishing I had ever had.  Getting bored- there's a novelty - with skimmers I tried "dobbing" for carp, no joy.



So I tried floaters.  The Carp mopped up every single free offering, but ignored the hook bait. Eventually I rested the pole along the bank side vegetation, placed the bait on the surface, made sure the hook was on top and not visible.  Draped the rig line on some reeds, so nothing but the bait was touching water.

After  a 20 minute wait. There was a swirl and the end of my pole jerked downward.  The water exploded, and the elastic ripped away towards peg one and the bridge.  Ten minutes later a "double" graced the landing net.  The eye on the float had been ripped out and in general the rig was trashed.

 The phone bleeped, and the wife was ready and my two hours was up. Shame a great two hours pleasure fishing, probably 12 to 15 lb of skimmers and one lovely carp.  A face only a mother could love, as the mouth was torn badly.

If I could do that at Stonehams tomorrow, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment