Wednesday 22 July 2015

Army 10 Viaduct swan song

Repeated apologies for the lack of pictures. Read the last blog and you will see I have no camera. So to the last match of the year with my work colleagues.  Again I drew well for the other two in the team, and for the third time this year I drew the golden peg for someone in our team.

For we I was on Lodge - bummer. On 60 I had John to my left and then a gap with Rocky on the prime corner peg.  The wind was blowing straight in there and he looked favourite for it at least on this lake.

There was a vote to delay the start and fish 11 till 5.  BUGGER.  I was out tonight and that would not help I wouldn't be able to stay behind for the presentations of the end of season trophies.

.
Still the match started and the rain began as the heavens opened.  I started on the lead, and pinging shop bought pellet.  I was really surprised at how small the roach were and yet still taking 8 mill pellet.and hour passed by and it whipped around and a double figure carp graced the net.  The fish were up in the water now and another come to the pellet wag this one around 16 lb a lovely common. Then that was it the pole line was nothing but canal size roach. Still the margins were rumbling.

It was bit early to come in.  Brian Shutler opposite was catching skimmers on the pellet wag, and Rocky down in the corner was bagging.

I decided to fish two margins one with choppy and caster over dead maggot and the other a paste line.  The paste line was a disaster small stuff all the way.  Fishing a whole dendro over the dead maggot was more successful as I bagged 8 tench in a row.  All recently stocked at 8 oz they were nice but no weight.

3 biggish Perch were next and several hybrids, two lovely Rudd and several lovely roach, but no carp. With an hour to go a carp took a lob worm and then wrapped itself around the platform until I lost it.

So to the weigh in.  Managed to pip John on my left as I had two Carp for 27 lb and 11 and a half pound of bits.

Well done to the season Champ ( was it Docs) I dont know.  Whoever the champ well done.

I have enjoyed fishing with the Army lads the last 5 years. But as my job changes and it gets more and more difficult to get away, I think today could have been my swan song.  I will try and find out were I finished over all and who the champ was . I aimed for top ten I will let you know

Bait tech semi finals at Gold Valley Saturday. Then Bristol Avon for the summer league on Sunday, its all go.

No comments:

Post a Comment