Friday 28 February 2014

Apology

There are times when I wish I could engage my brain before I fly off at the mouth, or in this case write / type something I later come to regret.


My last post was intended to touch on my experiences in past years in this competition.  I can see now after re reading my blog I must may have written something that unintentionally caused offence.  Whilst I have been told there is no need to apologize nevertheless I feel the need to set the record straight.

My last blog referred to ringers and sponsored anglers, I did not make it clear that this was my previous experience.  I was not suggesting Devizes AA fall into the category. To clarify I referred to them as a team of gentlemen and quality anglers.  Nobody in the Devizes set up has laughed at us, again this comment refers to other people and the laughter was aimed personally at me. To explain, certain anglers think I am a joke and have no skill.  Their entitled to their opinion.

To summarise I want to make it clear.  I personally hold the squad members of Devizes in the highest esteem.  I admire, and covet the success they have had; and whilst I am still filled with a steely determination to overcome these talented anglers. I offer a profound apology if I have caused any offence.

Devizes AA the best of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment