Thursday 24 January 2013

The weekend is coming.........

The weekend is coming and the weekly trip to tackle mecca - Reids Tackle. http://reidstackle.co.uk/reids/index.php?main_page=login

Dave Moody , Frank and all the gang waiting eagerly to provide all my requirement's.  Its great drop the wife in Salisbury, shopping for a couple of hours, wiz down the road and talk fishing. 

Banter to the for, with funny stories and reminiscing from the past when we turned up at matches with wellies, wicker baskets and boiler suit coveralls.  The rich blokes had a hat and Barbour coat if they were really rich.  Match attendance was massive (Dave Moody won a Championship 3 hundred pegger on the Stour). There is an obligatory quote from me (generally a recycled Ivan Marks, Benny Ashurst or Ray Mumford quote) that  I fail miserably in passing of as a nugget I thought of.

 I do tend to buy something every week I am a bit of a tackle tart.  A sucker for the latest gimmick that promises me an edge in the next match.  something that will banish the mid section blues.

A new bait flavour, a pack of hooks that I haven't tried before, but the bloke that won the match last week uses.  Because it cant be me, surely I am not that mediocre that I'm destined to pay my pools time and again with no winning return?

Still when you face it in a section of ten, there is only one winner.  Where ever you go, where ever you fish the superstars of local match angling prevail.  This weekend its of to the canal. Milkhouse on Pewseys stretch. Lets hope the snow is gone and I don't need an ice breaker.

 Joined Pewsey recently and so far fished 3 matches.  Although I have done OK, and the idea is to improve my Canal angling the local superstars have successfully kept me from a section win.  What good value for money Pewsey is, good bunch of blokes (cant remember many names at the moment) and a great club "feel" to the match. Join me in a prayer to Ivan Marks......... Oh Ivan looking down from above, please grant me a section win this weekend etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment