Sunday 6 December 2015

Milkhouse Misery

It seems the mid week blip (below) was just that. A blip in a continuing run of bad results.

Back on home water and Milkhouse again as the wharf is under reconstruction.  Once again I had that " what am I doing  here ?" feeling, perhaps its time to take a break from fishing.

My peg was half way between permanent pegs 10 and 11. 

Setting up took more time than usual as my platform kept sinking in the saturated bank mud.  First one corner then the next very irritating, but have to get it right didn't want to go swimming.  Just think I left the draw till there was bugger all in the hat and still Simon managed to draw the other end, I give up.

Everyone stomped there way noisily past me and on up the tow path.  Eventually I was ready and sat waiting for the all in.  It came and we started. I need not have rushed it was ages before I got a bite.
Paul Giddings to my left had had a few including two nice Roach.  Alan to my left was like me though struggling for even a bite.

It seemed further along were catching but not us we literally sat and stared at immobile floats.  The match was a drag the wind came and went the drizzle the same. Still the float remained inanimate. Both Alan and I had a round 9 fish each.  Paul on the other hand was working hard at the squat fish.

I scaled down to a 24 and a single squat and tried to prize a fish from the water but nothing happened. Many friendly voices shouted encouragement in my head  -  don't give up - if they ain't there you cant catch em.  But still the misery black clouds gathered and I decided to pack up and go home.

A splash to my right saw me watching Alan landing a hybrid bream around 2 and 3'4 pound. Bugger, that's torn it.  Still if the bream are starting to come into the area and feed I will stay on.

So with half an hour to go I got my head down and willed the float to dip.  Alan had another 10 tiny squat fish to go with his big un..  Paul was still catching small stuff me I know had 12 fish for around 5 ounces. With 2 minutes to go I flicked the shallow rig as tight as I possibly could to the far bank Ivy and it slid away to be rewarded with an 9 ounce roach hybrid.

All out.

Embarrassing 

I packed up fed up up of the sight of my kit and quite frankly didn't care if I never went fishing again.

The weigh in began.and it was instantly clear that the fish had followed the stomping feet to the end peg.  Simon the Championship leader had filled his boots and also had a couple of hybrids to boot.  But as we came back down the bank there were several very close weights.



Well done to Alan his two and 3/4 hybrid giving him second. Spanners as always had a multitude of small fish, and Marc Kay and Leo the first of 2 pairs to get exactly the same weights on the day.

Simon in the middle , Spanners right and Alan left. Smile lads you at least have had fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment