Tuesday 1 December 2015

Army Fur and Feather Ding dong bell I draw Roach and oh well

Where has the year gone it really doesn't seem like a year since we froze our nuts of on blanking nets last year.  Free breakfast downed we got to the business.  There had been a last minute surge which meant Craig went for Sellwood and Cottage, bit of a bow I didn't know and didn't have any rods  - expecting to pole the snake.

Never mind drew the outer snake peg 37 not the best by a long chalk.  Especially as the next peg to my left was Nige Gregory 5 pegs along on 42 and he had 6 pegs to his left empty as well.  Basically pleasure fishing, good on your Nige.  Next peg to him was peg 50 Ben Burgess.

Cant blame the organiser Craig Bate as 7 no shows had cocked up the pegging big style.  Those who didn't show ought at least get a bollicking.

Ropes across to stop the cormorants meant I couldn't make the most of the space to my left but did mug a 4lb Carp against the platform to my left..  Fished across for an hour with no bites before the wind made it to difficult.

In essence half way through the match and one fish eventually I had a bite on the 4 mtr whip line.  It was a lovely Roach around six ounces.  Then a 5 ounce skimmer and a 3 ounce skimmer.

Got into a nice rhythm of banging the Roach one a chuck and lovely fish.  And in the next hour I didn't stop before all of sudden like someone had flicked a switch they were gone.  But what lovely fishing double caster or double bronze over half Sensas magic and half gros gardons.

Nothing for the last hour of the match. But was pleased with a lovely days Roach bashing on the whip.

So to the scores on the doors.

Sellwood and two pegs on Outer Snake. Dave and Ben making the most of fliers


Cottage and 2 pegs on Inner snake Mayo and Rocky doing the Biz.


Inner Snakes and Craig Stewart lead the way.

 My section outer snake pegged from 30 on-wards.  Nige and Ben making most of Carpy Pegs with 4 and 3 Carp respectively to take 1st and 2nd in section me third with my Roach.

Ben below with most of his weight.
 So back to the Cafe and Rachel and Glen had the CHICKEN SOUP ready to consume whilst the scores were totted up; Mayo gets stuck in

Soup consumed we get to the prizes.  Everyone from last to first gets a prize at the fur and feather, and there was plenty to choose from.  

People come and get their prizes and eventually it was my go .  I suppose my weight was good enough for top twenty , but I didnt care I had caught loads and its great to catch Roach on the Snake again. Still enough to pick up 3rd in section and a pile of goodies.

Finally we get to the winner Dave Burns who made the most of one of the best pegs on the fishery to leave with Red and White Wine, Vodka, crate of Stella, cheese and port etc etc etc......can yo manage that lot Dave?

A big thanks to Craig for the organisation and Chris Perry for dishing out the goodies.  Merry Christmas everyone and hope Santa brings you full nets ...........................unless in your in my section.

No comments:

Post a Comment