Sunday 3 August 2014

Knocked up at Dodgy Dodford Farm

Van loaded I'm on the way
I enjoyed the drive up to the Venue Dodford Farm today.  A little practice knock up see if we can glean anything for the last summer league match in two weeks.  Through Tidworth, on to Marlborough and then across the rolling Wiltshire downs.  My heart bursting with pride at my Wessex Counties beauty.  Past Sidbury hill and Avebury; past the "gallops" of the horse racing fraternity, and on to Calne.  

My Sunday school teacher told me that God made Wiltshire on the last day of his mammoth task.  Having finished it he liked it so much he decided to stay.  Today I can see why and I believe, hallelujah .

Actually it does explain a lot.  Several of my mates (Wiltshire boys) think they are directly descended from Jesus Christ so there you go another proven connection!

So to the knock up.  Several of the pegs were already taken by pleasure anglers so we quickly picked 10 pegs and got stuck in. We all tried different methods to try and work out the best way forward in a fortnight.  It wasn't easy as many of the pegs were well overgrown.

However the Match organiser has been promised that they will all be fish-able on the day.  Even so it will be very snug and in some places you will be able to throw a blanket over 5 anglers floats with ease!!

The water was also down a couple of feet which meant some only had 18 inches to a couple of feet.  So Exciting stuff when your catching 2 oz Rudd and suddenly a 4 lb carp rips of through the three anglers to your right!!

 Still people were understanding, lets hope the match will be the same.

Steve "TERRIFIC" Trevett won the day with the help of purple hydro elastic with 40 lb. 


See you next week back on Pewsey water.

No comments:

Post a Comment