Saturday 19 April 2014

Army Artillery - Fire and Forget

Short blog today.  Invited along to join the Artillery fishing club at Witherington Farm.  We were fishing the Snake , but sadly only 5 had turned up; and that included me!!
We fished along the top bank.  To spice it up Gav put six pegs in and this meant, there was a gap. Brian Shutler benefited from the extra space....

Me I was in the middle of the stretch.  From the start I struggled to fish the full 16 mtrs, and actually there was no shelf and no benefit fishing at  4 feet. Did try up in the water and managed to bag three Carp and lose a double figure carp hooked in the tail.

For most of the day a picked of skimmers and roach , all of which were like sand paper to touch and covered in barnacles.
Looking down the bank it was clear that I was falling behind have way through the match so I decided just to enjoy it as the two end pegs Bri, and Danny by the bridge were both bagging.

The all out came and I was last of the five.  If there was a silver fish pool I would have taken it.  But no joy,
6 Carp for 16.8 lb, and 19.8 lb silvers.

 Danny had been fishing paste and meat down the edge with success so much so that he decided to put the  few silvers he had net as he only had two nets.

So coming back down the line Danny won with 72, Bri second with 62.6, Docs next with 59 lb then Gav with 49.7 lb. Then me with 36 lb. Nowhere near enough Carp to compete.

Never mind Easter Monday to come and a match on Selwood again at Withy , this time with the Pewsey Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment