Sunday 31 January 2016

Pewsey teams of 4 round 3.

I drove up this morning quite relaxed . Last weeks incremental improvement giving me hope of a turn around.  The comp is a slick machine so we were already to go after a quick draw and on our way to the pegs.

Me I had drawn the Crab Apple section , not the famous peg itself but along a bit.  The CRT had been through this past week chainsawing most of the features and dragging them toward the patch so inevitably the canal was full of debris.

The tow path itself a ploughed muddy quagmire of feet grabbing muscle sapping mud. Still I was determined to enjoy and apart from gale force winds and the driving rain  - enjoy I would.  The match got under way with two little punch fish, before the first of a absolute mountain of twigs branches and dead reeds.

The debris was taking its toll on rigs etc but I didn't mind I was glad to be fishing.  To my left I had Tony Leach (winner of the first match) on the crab apple and the excellent Mark Russ from Pewsey Red on the end peg. (PS Get well soon Mrs Russ).

Sorry the blog is going to be short this week , a, nothing happened much, and B a busy night ahead.  Needless to say my section was tight none of us really pulling away it was fish for fish and close as could be.  The wind blew the pole bent like a banana , there was a tiny crack formed in my number 5 section which was quickly replaced; and we all fought manfully against atrocious conditions.

Presentation was ridiculously hard, and soon the normal light weight rigs were replaced to heavy to get the bait down and hold it. 4 mill punch was too much of a mouthful so 2 mill was order of the day.  Pinkie, caster maggot all too big. So squat and tiny hooks. Dotted the float down to sub surface and held a pin prick on the surface with bristle grease.  But frankly the wind made it a lottery.

Up around the bend by Pains bridge the canal was positively mill pondish; and the guy there was going well and finishing the match with a bonus Perch.  All of us were bemoaning the conditions and glad of the all out.  I was on the scales so I slipped and surfed the mud up to Mike Bernstien and Ronaldo on the end .  Mike missing out on end peg this week by one place.  I was slightly disappointed
with missing out in a tight section I had 1.9 lb, next to me 1.10 and next to him 1.11 . So ounces in it did manage to beat 4 others so midsectionblues.

So to the results in reverse order.


 Well done to Leo in section where the Bream were showing he did well to get second.


With 4 teams tied on 24 points it was a weight count back.






Well done to Homestores winners on the day.

Individual First Andy Clements Bordon (9 lb + Bream)
second Paul Giddings Matrix Talisman
Third  Brian Dukes Garbolino BV


A and B sections at Milkhouse was the place to be today with Bream and skimmers throughout, well don to Nic McCartney Browning , second match in a row big billy Perch in last 20 minutes saves the day.

Busy weekend next week another two dayer.  Better get the better side of the wife this week!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment