Sunday 17 January 2016

Pewsey teams of 4. Round 2 all change

Firstly just one to let every one know am I am trying really hard to be upbeat.  But its official I am a wanker.  Since the end of the winter league in November I have had the worst run of results in 4 and half years. Not just bad  results bloody abysmal.

To that that end of today's match I had to admit it was time to sell the kit and take up something else. In the tackle shop yesterday Frank and Dave said, there is never such a low that you cannot rise again. Bollocks.  I have been going downhill for months and haven't even got to seeing the bottom yet!

Today's match saw me draw peg 30 at Milk house a nice summer peg never fished it winter time.  So as the boats came crashing through the ice from my left  the legend that is James Carty and I had a tea and waited for the match to start.  Neither of us fancied it and James

was kind enough to say that my bad run would end.  Well it did of sorts, as I didn't break anything drop it in the canal or trash any rigs.  I didn't blank either and to end its 3 years since I have blanked.  But I do however appear to have lost the ability to challenge for at least a section win.

One hour in and no bites 2 hours in and we are all struggling even the Legend JC.  Then Brian Jackson (below celebrating)

had 4 little Perch and Dave Self was catching on the Bread. So it was all to play for. Most of us except me had at least one fish.  Finally after 3 hours I had a bite and by the end I had 6 whilst three others in the section didn't have much more than me in numbers of fish but enough to double my 4 ounces.

I am past hysterical laughter and way passed annoyance, embarrassment is a distant memory.  I have offered my resignation from the team which they have refused, but frankly I am at an all time low I just don't know what to do to put it right. Its very kind of James C to say you fished your bollocks of mate I was watching you - you couldn't have done any more; and for team Capt Kev Chubb to say its winter its hard fishing.   But if 2 mill punch, or a single squat on a 26 hook cant catch more than 4 ounces  - I think you will find my kit on Ebay.

Any way here are the cards and Pewsey suffered today not least cause of me and teams that did bad last time did good this time.









Well done to Thatchers  three seconds in section keeps their lead going.

Pass the arsenic for my stew












1 comment:

  1. Have you considered changing the title of your blog. Your expectations are for at best a midsection placing which gives you the blues, so last isn’t too bad a result. You have the same equipment as your fellow competitors (probably better from what I have seen); you’re a grey beard in angling ability. OK, you’re not getting the rub of the green at the moment (this happens to all of us). I suggest you be more positive and up beat and the results will sure to follow. Please don’t change your blog to “last in section anxiety”.

    ReplyDelete