Tuesday 12 March 2013

Good start with Pewsey soured with controversial news

Its been a good a good and bad couple of days.

Good first.  Attended AGM of Pewsey club last night.  Joined Pewsey back in Oct last year, and although I had missed all the Lake Matches and two thirds of the Canal matches; I finished 13th in the Canal Championship with 41 points. And 20th in the combined Championship.

No I am not Dad Dancing, this me happy for a change


This has left me chomping at the bit to have another go at next years Championship.  I am also very encouraged with the friendliness of other members, and their kind invitations to me to fish as a part of a Pewsey team in the upcoming Summer league competitions.  One weird thing.  I was coerced despite vociferous objections into joining the committee.  God they must be desperate. I have agreed initially to a probationary period as, I don't like to commit to anything unless I can follow it through with actions.  So now I must have good think about, the season ahead - do I want to put all my eggs in one basket?


  
Normal pose
Now the not so good.  Sturminster AA Captain got in touch today, re the Angling Times Bait tech competition.  Three teams of 8 will compete at Revels lake in the Blackmore Vale.  Whats bad about that?  Well nothing really.  I know the host Captain he fished with Group 2 Army Angling (my team) until very recently so has insider knowledge of us.  I suppose what I have found disappointing is that one of our Group 2 superstars is fishing for Sturminster.  I have yet to iron out the details, but at first glance it appears he could have fished for us; but controversially some may say bravely has chose to fish with the opposition.  I wish him the best on the day (genuinely I do), but would have appreciated a courtesy call or a chance to persuade him back into our fold before the closing date for applications.

Politics or divided loyalty, we will probably never know.  I shall put it aside now and try and enjoy the unique experience and a chance to fish somewhere I have never fished before.   Bring it on...........C'mon Army group 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment