Monday 29 May 2017

Blind leading the blind

Nice day for the annual Blind pairs match.  This year run by the legend James Carty/  We gathered at the school for an old fashioned no breakfast draw.

The draw done we went of to our pegs , mine being number 5 milkhouse, Perm pag 17.  It looked a cracker, nice features. Surely a winner.  We were ready to go when I realised I had forgot my landing net, so I borrowed from Kev Chubb a back up net.

The match was slow a couple of fish on the whip, then nothing for 30 minutes.  The Bread not doing it to day.  The worm line too was not doing very while. The close oppresive cloudy weather was dishing up a nasty head ache which I could do without.

The normal lines of attack were not working and many a minute was passed hangling a worm in the hop of Hybrid or Perch.

Spanners was going well, I couldn't see how big his fish were but the splashing was abound and the landingnet was going out.  He told me they were Gudgeon and Ruffe, lying git,  Looks like another pound will be parting my ownership to land on the Spanswick Estate.

The match was a non event really; but we struggled on . The whistle came in amongst a down before pour of rain.  Spanners skimmer fest had smashed me and he was now 4 nil up in the side bets.  Never been 4 nil down before.
Spanners looking good for the match but this was a pairs.  Other people did well like Steve Dean lb + on peg .  A well deserved catch.



Pints in for everyone then I did the draw again for JC.  T o see who had been fishing with who . James did the paperwork me the shouting.

The draw threw up some surprises, not least the top weight of Spanners paired with Colin the lowest weight. Steve Deans good 6 lb + was added to by me  and Marc Kay and Liam Bradell doing well.

Allin all Spanners and Colin Weston won it.


Steve Dean and I were second and Marc Kay and Liam 3rd over all.  

A big thanks to JC and to Simon Burden fr pegging the whole thing.  A nice friendly match and a credit to Pewsey.
See you next week , hopefully havea few more things to report on as its the Ladys Bridge club match normally a talking point.

Don't THINK I did to good today funny how fate pays up, think I might have another trip tommorow watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment