Sunday 30 April 2017

Pewsey Off Milk hard to swallow

To keep my eye in for the Spring League a season.of the canal leg of the simmer league, I decided to fish the first leg of the new Pewsey canal season 2017/2018.

For once I draw and end peg number 1 and almost run to my peg thinking it was around perm peg 12.  I had three hours there on Wednesday so felt like I had pre baited ready for the match.  Slight disappointment to find actual there were more boats on the canal and todays peg  was about perm peg 17.
Now I would love to tell you that it was manic from start to finish but if I say that after 1 hour nobody it seemed had a bite and by 2 hours buzzer was walking the bank wondering whether to go home

I had my first bite on 1 and half hours.  Well I say bite, i lowered in on the 2 foot line and the float did not settle .  Thinking I had laid on a snag i lifted slowly so as not to hook the snag and instead a 1 oz Roach was manfully hanging on.

The other guys were bemoaning the lack of action.  It appeared Mark had hooked 2 ouncer which promptly flipped off. Spanners had 4 fish for around 10 oz and Chris the pony had 10fish for 8 oz.


Buzzer decided to go back to his peg as he did have 2 tiny fish.  I jokingly said your framing mate don't go home.  I looked up to see Mark and Spanners of their boxes as a column of boats had and was going through .  Indeed the boats were a nightmare today one after the other and plenty of double boatings.

Tony next to me was sliding his landing net in and out and yet said he was catching nothing!!! I thought i was being stuffed and braced myself for the abuse at not winning of an end peg.  Attila on the other end peg was struggling too. So maybe today was not for end pegs.

It was a surreal match no bites and time seemed to be going backwards it was well drawn out.  To my right about 40 mtrs down Bream were rolling in the reeds on the far bank and rolling against the boat to my right also 40 mtrs down.

So no bites means spawning?? Not sure the theory was sound.  Apparently the CRT had been dredging through Milkhouse this week, but didn't see them Wednesday.

So an hour to go. And was that a dip and slight lift.  Maybe I should go to specsavers, but i lift and it is a tiny skimmer.

Nothing more is forthcoming and I see Chris and Atilla striding toward me to weigh in.  Blimey says I you got here quick.  That's because there has not been much to weigh in what you got .  Two bites two fish says I. I dropped them in the scales net and it registered at 3 oz.

You have framed....................!!!  F off guys not funny.  Seriously you are third. Took a while to sink in. What about Tony his landing net has been going in and out for the last hour. Yes they say he was trying to fish out his mobile phone hes dropped it in the edge!

So to the scores.

So top weight is Spanners who takes a pound of me too Grrrr! Mark takes our section by default, Chris comes second to Spanners and that means Buzzer gets the section with Alan Gibbs.  Sure enough its true I get in the frame with a third place.

Had a close call on the way home as on two occasions someone pulled out in front of me, and a young lady tried running across in front me in high heels falling in an undignified heap in the middle of the road.  I did stop in time.  I offered help as she dusted herself down and moaned at a tear in her stockings.  How did I know they were stockings you might ask?  Well she hitched up skirt to review the damage  high enough for me to see the hold ups!!

What a day picked up money and well what equates to full blown sex for me these days a stocking top and lily white thigh. Lol.

Finally I get home and decided to slump on the settee and as you can see all seats are taken.


See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment