Sunday 10 July 2016

Pewsey July and back on home water. If it can go wrong.................

Funny old day to day last to arrive , which is not like me.  Just in time to draw.  Which today was peg 9. Not my first choice, but when I got to the peg it looked great with fish rolling and bubbling up in a feeding frenzy it seemed.

Right in front of me a lily pad that could do with moving, or could be trouble today.


After a few weeks of good fishing today was a bloody night mare.  My admin was good but the crazy things were happening one after another.  First cast with tip rod the line wrapped around the tip and the method feeder cracked off. Retied and clipped up cast again., this time mainline loop came unravelled, never has that happened to me..  Third method feeder and that rod was set.

Wagglers next and after hooking nettles behind me breaking a hook length and losing a plumb bob they were ready.

The pole was set up too , but not without its issues of tangled rigs and broken elastic !!!!! What the bloody hell is going on.  All in was called and I had three quick pups on the method.  Before the water in front of me erupted in bubbles and and rolling fish over my ground bait line.

Several missed fish .  Check the hook.  Weirdly the maggot was just above the hook, or at least a tiny spiral of line as the hook had gone!

I couldn't resist the bubbling washing machine and I came off feeding fish to give it a go. Bang straight into a little tench of around 1 lb 10 oz.  Didn't land t though as lost it in the Lillie's in front of me.  I had to laugh either that or cry.  Nothing was going right.

Its been a while since i had this much bad luck..  Next swung out the rig and hooked the keep net. Wriggling the hook out it snapped on its shank! OMG.

And so the match went on total I lost 6 big fish , 2 whilst my mate Chas Short was watching. Nothing I could do elastic bottomed out.  So decided to come off solid 8 elastic, and replace with 15 hollo and stronger line from 12 to 018. 18 hook to 16 heavy gauge 911.

The clock seemed to be going at 100 mile an hour, and I couldn't make a decision that was right in fact be the the end I knew I had blown a bloody good peg. Fished like a tosser.

Even lost three roach around 12 ounces , add this to the tench and 6 carp nothing had gone right.


The Pups


It seems a day for lost fish as every one had lost at least one biggie as the Carp had fed well.  I just know next time I will beef up the kit and you can bet your bottom dollar the big ladies will not show.

Well done to Ian made the most of peg 3 fishing 16 meters and lowering the banded pellet on their noses for a bag of Carp.. He also pipped me for the silvers with a skimmer and big chubb.

Well done to Roly Phillips as well making the most of his peg although he lost more than me as well as a load of terminal tackle feeders etc.

Well done to to Mark Russ , breaking his landing net landing a double figured fish.  Which meant I have section by default.

The scores on the doors

Pissed off could have easily won the match if I had landed everything.But I suppose we could all say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment