Sunday 22 May 2016

Summer League begins and its the hateful 8

The summer league began today and how good it was to see all the lads from the north end of Wiltshire .  As is traditional in this friendly league every one was on good form with loads of banter and good humour.  First mistake was taking a camera without a sim card so no photos.

Venue was Kintbury and with the silvers spawning it was going to be tough.  I drew B8 which is locally known as the dead stretch but with my team mate Nic Worters on an 8 as well he had an end peg at least .  Whilst mine was an end peg I had Colin, 15 paces right and Chris Rushton 15 paces left of me.

The expected weights were to come from A1 through to B3.  So I had to aim for good section points for the team.  Well I am sorry to the readers but nothing worth reporting happened in the match apart from stacks of towpath use including the beautiful sight of a Heavy Horse drawn boat.  I was surprised how quick it was , like I say a wonderful site quite a throw back.

So straight to the end of the match I was first to weigh in and 8 fish for 2.5 oz.  Next Colin 4 drams then Nigel with a couple of Perch and a skimmer Then a 8 drams then into the lower numbers which were expected to catch.

Sure enough, a 1 lb 12 oz. Then 5 Billy Perch for 6lb 13 and then Leo with Red raw spawning Bream for 6lb 7 oz.

Over the bridge and into the first set of pegs A1 to A8.  As expected weights much higher.  Good news Nic won his section off his end pegs down in the 30's with 9lb +.

With Spanners winning section 1 and Neil doing 4th in his we are in the Running.  Looking forward to the next one

8 bites from B8 fot  me I call that the hateful 8.  Because of a lack of parking I left the proper result gathering to the team Captains who did go back .  see you next time Hopefully I will have a camera and a bit more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment