Tuesday 15 March 2016

Pewsey AGM the Beer and the prizes flow

Well a short blog to showcase my club.  It was the end of the season and to be honest I was glad to fall over the finish line and think job done.

Job done as I was stepping down as Club secretary and even stepping back by a long way from fishing to try and regain the enthusiasm.  But as I said in the last blog you cannot change the way people feel and despite my vociferous protestations I was press ganged (at least it wasn't gang banged) into one more year of duty.

And those who are reading this.  I heard the whispers "don't worry we have a year to work on him he'll do one more" No I bloody well wont!.

So with the best of friends moving on to their new projects; lets see what this year brings.  I might just join another club as well just for some variety.

So to the pictures and presentations.  House wife's favourite and our Chairman Leo presents Simon Burden (our President) his trophy(s) as the Fisherman of the year and overall Club Champion

Simon takes over as presenter and starts with our Junior Champ (again) Morgan Plank.  Its Morgans last year as a Junior, so the new rod will help him out in the senior ranks.


Next the inimitable Brian Shutler this years Canal Championship winner


Sorry to Leo I somehow missed him picking up his third in the canal Champs and Simon second in canal Champs.

So onto the Lake Championship Simon the winner and Brian and Mar Russ tied for third.  Mark picks up his trophy below.

Now to Andrew Chatterley and Alan Gibbs our Pairs Champions.  With neither showing to collect. James Carty very kindly will pass on trophies.


So to me then.  Incredibly after the worst ever season of draws I somehow managed to scrape together enough points to collect second in the Lake Championship, fourth in the Canal championships for an overall third in the combined Pewsey Club Angler of the year competition.  My friend Christine Moody has put a more positive spin on it than I would have and said " just look at it as a positive, if you can pick up when all is against you it can only get better"


Well done to all who picked up, and commiserations to all those who came close.  A special mention for Will Tapper who picked up his award for "The Outstanding Achievement for the past year" Will receives a free membership for next season for his outstanding contribution to work parties, attending every single organised party and many other days when he worked alone (safely) for the benefit of those who fish the Lake

So raise your glass
Here's to the survival of small Club Fishing


No comments:

Post a Comment