Sunday 14 February 2016

Pewsey final round teams of 4. Sick as a dog

Had to stop half way this morning and recycle my breakfast.  Felt a little tender during the draw but glad to get under way although drew same peg as my mare from round 2.  Knowing what came from that peg last week I knew the only difference would be bonus fish, other than that it would be ounces.
Got to my peg and vomited again. And for the next hour nothing seem to go right, tangling rigs whilst setting up and collapsing platform in the soft bank side meant that by the time Mark called the all in I still wasn't ready.  I need not have rushed as it was three hours before I got my first bite a quarter ounce gudgeon.  Brett Cooper was walking the bank and the news was 13 small fish was leading the section.

The cold was setting in and I began to shudder in the face of a brutal northerly wind. Matrix lad to my left dollied in a bonus 9 oz Perch and appeared to take the lead although I think Tappy had more than he was letting o and the end pegs were starting to catch.

4 Hours gone and I now have another vomit and get back to my peg.  Still hopeful of a big fish I concentrate on the worm line.  The float was being pulled hither and tither but not going under and when it did I felt fish on and them fish off just as quick.  Was it fish? or crayfish? I didn't know. I did know I was running out of time as Brett Cooper now had a bonus pound and half Perch.  Now for my turn but as it was it was a 3 pound pike taking the lobby, just my luck.

In the end it got away from me I had 12 fish for 6 ounces.and last in section....

Thank god for Pictures as there is not much to put on the blog.  Sorry guys.  Cost us third place in the comp.

So here are the scores in reverse order on the day




Three teams tied on 22 so by weight





This competition has been a great competition and looks to be as good if not bigger next year with lots more teams showing and interest.  Well done to Kev Chubb slick organisation Some of the teams were glad it was over and what could have been , a lost fish here a bad draw there.

Homestores Boys


Drennan Bordon getting support from Selfy and Tappy in the background


Garbolino Blackmore Vale


The Overall Competition Winners 
Preston Innovations Thatchers

James Carty bottom right was the favourite for the Individual angler title as well being just one point ahead of three anglers.

But as it was on the day Ian " Spanners" Spanswick managed to tie up with James on  points.. So count back on the led to an amazing result with Spanners beating James by just half an ounce!!!  So close after 4 matches incredible.

Well done to Spanners and James graciously shakes his hand.

See you next week.  Oh PS I did win something ........  I had a side bet (£5) With Chris "My little pony" Rushton that Pewsey Blue would finish higher than Pewsey Red; and so it proved.

As always though Chris made a fast exit so will have to get t of him next week at the club match at Ladies Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment