Wednesday 2 July 2014

Lost the Match but won the Javelin

For once I sit in front of the laptop wondering what to write.  Today at Todber was quite possibly my most worst ever fishing trip. I really must give the game up. I don't know whats wrong, but when you draw a noted peg and a noted venue and don,t get a bite for 3 hours there is something wrong with my approach.

I did a little research before the match as to methods and hot pegs etc.  Journey down was good the sun shone the music was upbeat.  Breakfast was quick , hot and plentiful; and once again Kev East had done a magic job in admin and organisation.

Left the cafe no traffic and straight to the venue tackle shop. Went straight to what I wanted (6 mill pellet), no queue to pay , had the exact money.  The place I wanted in the car was empty, and the first two venue nets I picked up were perfect.  Short walk to good peg. Set up squared away with time to spare.

Got the scales again but what could go wrong. All in shouted and across for the obvious munter fish. Oops a rudd, then another oh well not gonna blank.  Then nothing for 3 hours!!!!! I tried up in the water, laying on, dead depth. Nothing.  I had been feeding both edges and thought I would give them a go.  Nothing.  Dave Wallace to my left on 20 was catching on "top kit"  and Paste literally down the side of his platform.
So I tried paste long, paste two plus two, paste down the edge nothing. Ok sweetcorn. No joy there. Ok meat yes a bite - 12 oz skimmer. Then another 12 oz skimmer, then a rudd then a roach.  This is no good , must get Carp to make an impact. Back on the banded pellet, and yes a Carp.
Then 5 yes five lost carp one after the other , what am I doing wrong. Then a decent one.  Double figures maybe. Slide the net toward it and as its head breeches the rim of the net the shop bout hook unravels at the spade end and he winks at me as he leaves with my hook in his scissors. 

That's it ballistic time, teddy in the corner tantrum of the most abusive expletive full, full blown red mist descending.  I jump to my feet kick the tackle box and launch my top kit Javelin style over the 12 foot fir hedge behind me in the direction of the Carp water Wadmill lake.  The EA turn up and ask to see my rod licence, produced it and sunk into a sulk. I sat there sweating like a fat lass in a chip shop, getting burnt by the sun.

The match finishes early for me, whats the point.  My team members never showed again, presume Critch is still too poorly. Get well soon mate.  I have bugger all in the net and decide to throw it back.. Then perversely decide to weigh in just to see how low I have sunk and how crap I am at angling.  Retrieved my top kit from a disgruntled boilie Queen who did say, I was gonna bring it back and give you a gob full.  But then though If you were that angry to launch it in the first place ---better not!

A Section first so many talented egos on the bank here I am surprised it didn;t collapse; but the first 11 or the top guys all struggled as well.  Not as much as me of course but Todber did not fish well today. Well done to Rocky cracking weight


B section my bit and me last


C Section White posts.

Seriously, think I will pack it in for a while.

Bugger I wish I hadn't committed to the things I have with Pewsey etc.  Cant really chin them off (good bunch of blokes), its not their fault I am in a slump.  Suppose I better see out my commitments, cant let other people down.  Still don't have to do the next Army match, been on my own most of the season whose gonna miss me.  Well everyone I suppose their match winning takings will be less.





No comments:

Post a Comment